? ?(21)? ?ge" and you're DONE!??????? ??????????????Prev?????2????3????4????5????6????7????8????9???10???1
1????12????13????14????15????16????17????18?????Next????????? ?Narrow your search????????Red???Layouts? ???? ???abstract? ?(89)? ?black? ?(68)? ?blue? ?(23)? ?celebrities? ?(11)? ?da BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

does love still exist?

A close friend of mine asked that question this morning while we were chatting and I quickly replied 'Yes!!'. When a person asks that question in my opinion it almost means they are doubting its existence. I believe in it now 'cos i am in it. Truly in it!!! But as the hours passed I thot of the question and a time when I didn't believe in it or at least thot it happens but will pass me by. I figured I would be always be on a bench with 5 oda pple and every1 gets touched by it but i'm the lone ranger left sitting. My theory was 'Nothing lasts forever', so if couples can't grow past their anger, quarrels and other negative aspects, then my theory is proved right and so therefore love don't exist. Silly i presume, but i will take cover by saying I was young and as I got older I wanted to know that feeling but feared it cos of stories that had painful,heart wrenching and bitter endings.

Man U (real name not given to protect the innocent) is the rthymn my heart beats for, it wasn't an easy journey to get to where we are and believe me when i say rough roads to love but the point is I stayed and He stayed not becos we couldn't leave but I think it was that small voice. If you stay quiet you'll hear it and she (the voice) told me this time was different from the other times I did my impulsive break ups.
Love can be onesided and that is a deep knife in the heart that is - loving someone who can't love you back. If death was a healing vacation spot, you'ld opt for that than spend another moment swimming in a ocean with no sign of land. It's hard to understand you can want to offer someone your world and more and they either refuse (with persistence) not to accept your offer or they in an act of mercy accept but in the long run crush your heart with their bare hands.

I think its honorable to not toy with someones heart and I also recommend to drag ur goodwill intentions with you when a person refuses your pledge of love, IF NOT YOU HAVE BUT YOURSELF TO BLAME. Love exists, it really does but you have to be able to read the signs so you dont suspend yourself in a space continium of wishful love. The law of love by ME is some people will find love quickly, a few others will search a bit harder to find their missing rib, a couple of people will fall into a shitty relationship but if they can get themselves out of it and are not too broken to be positive they will find someone and sadly there are people who may not find it because they do not compromise, nor accept friendship or tolerate a little less than their dreams. The bottom line is to stay positive, cos love is for everyone and I believe it. It requires patience, self honesty, being positive, prayers and more patience. Rmbr- just my thots!!

7 comments:

An-Igbo-Dude said...

wow!!!
nice write up
guess u r in love then
lucky you
some might not agree with ur ideas though, but all the same, it was well written
keep it up chweety.

An-Igbo-Dude said...

what constitutes the "signs" one has to look out for....
just asking

Unknown said...

Nk,

That piece of talk on Love was well articulated. However, reacting to the subject 'does love exist', I wish to state here that the word "Love" is from God and so it is as certain as day and night that its existence is for real.

Be that as it may, it is pertinent to know that there are different kinds of love such as passionless (Platonic), Agape love, just to mention but a few.

According to one school of thoughts on this issue it says "Loving someone who does not love you in return is like shaking the big iroko tree to make tiny drops of leave fall".

In view of the above, I wish to give my own faithful contribution as elucidated below;

1.) I believe everyone has a perfect match on earth and should endeavour to find a partner.

2.) Although it might not be possible to find an equity Love (i.e. 50:50 Love) but if situation turns out to be 70:30 or 60:40 as per a Boy to a Girl, I advise the girl to ignite the love by showing submissiveness to his guy and by so doing the ratio of the love might come get to equilibrium.

3.) The above comments can only be implemented if anyone believes in the existence of Love.

Regards

Ben

Anonymous said...

Well said nikky-i, still don't know why people doubt the existence of love. As ben puts it in the her comment...God is Love! As God definately exists..so does love.

adoolicious said...

i hope to belive in love again, cos i do bilive it but it keeps smacking me up n i wonder y must it be boy to girl, as a commentator put it, n not love to love...hmm. nk, it'll take time for me i guess but i also hope not for long

Nana Amoah said...

That was well written.This time, I am sure you are really in love and its obvious Mau U is reciprocating it else you would not be talking about ur believe in the existence of love. I wish you well

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)