? ?(21)? ?ge" and you're DONE!??????? ??????????????Prev?????2????3????4????5????6????7????8????9???10???1
1????12????13????14????15????16????17????18?????Next????????? ?Narrow your search????????Red???Layouts? ???? ???abstract? ?(89)? ?black? ?(68)? ?blue? ?(23)? ?celebrities? ?(11)? ?da BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Crushes!!!

Now growing up I recall the no. of crushes I had (white, black, celebrity, boy in airforce school, brother's friend, sister's friend etc). As kids and sometimes adults we were always nursing that thot, hope, butterfly and daydream that ur prince charming or for guys the lady who floats and hasn't got her feet on the ground will at least smile our way.

I was a hopeless day dreamer as a kid I had a crush on..... Tyson Beckford, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Captain Von Trap (D guy in sound of music), Luther Vandross, Patrick Swayze, Eddie murphy, David hasselhoff, Billy Ocean, Ronny, Bobby, Mickky and mike (Yes! the band new edition), Johnny Depp and so the list goes on. And though I always knew there was no chance on planet Jupiter and the 3rd dimension that I would ever meet them, I burned a candel with a tinsy winsy bit of hope.

Then came the normal brodas that I was sure I could see and stood a higher chance of being involved with but I was way too young. Then as years passed there was 1 of my bro's friend that I had a crush on since Jesus was in secondary school, his name was Eddy. Oh!!! someone give me an AMEN!! in all languages cos d bro was ouch!!!!! He was about 5ft 11", Fair, nicely built and had grey eyes. I would av runaway with him If he asked me to but he neva did but I would catwalk, wriggle my skinny jones body and be so polite and helpful when he came visiting. Eddy always held my hand and called me "Lil' Sis!" cos he was my eldest bro's mate (who happens to be 10yrs older than I am). Now one day in 2002 wen I was serving I ran into Eddy and he is looking at me with bigger eye cos e don reach like 9yrs since him see me, omo guy no believe say skinny jones don turn to big girl ( i no too get curves but at least I don get extension for front n back + I don de talk mature n not like mumu I de behave like yrs ago). He was complimenting me like e just get anoiting for d job and I was sure d man de trip for me, well he started sending me recharge card, visiting my bro's house, calling, wanting to be my personal chaperon and then one day the words came "Gal u av grown so much and watching u dese few weeks has made me realise that u r a Lady and d kind I want to settle with. Wat do u tink about u and I as a couple?"

Words since 19 gogoro I don do fasting and prayers for as a kid and now see me , see him and ... and.... there were no fire works, singing choir or heavenly crowd applauding. I looked at him and he still looked OUCH!!!! but I was not able to give d reply I had practised yrs back. I asked him his age and he told me 33 going 34 (in my head d calculation no gree me hide d shock on my face cos he was 11yrs older, that difference I know fit do). I told him it was a sweet thot but like I had told him I was in a relationship and I was happy (no lie I was), Eddy's grey eyes close and den I saw crazy Eddy. The guy begin to hit hand for bed, then he got up punched wall and scattered his table and turned to me and said "but u've known me for yrs, ur boyfriend is yoruba and ur bro and I av bn friends, I am a better person". I had to do a quick turn around and said I didnt see it from dat view and he had thrown a new light to d situation and I agree with him, it was then Eddy calmed down. I den told him I needed to go home and tink of how to end it with my boyfriend so we can start our courtship, he agreed and as he offered to drop me I said I needed to go on my own cos he looked tired.

Well I neva spoke to him again, I did a major blanking of my one time crush but I was polite wen I saw him in my bros house. That was 1 crush dat went terribly wrong and till this day I wondered if he tot I was blonde and would be bullied into his arms, well dat 1 concern am. I still av crushes but now I prefer to keep it in my head but the celebrity crushes keep increasing in no. cos I know say I no go see dem lai lai to lai lai!!

Now who were ur crushes wen growing up? Did u eva get to meet celebrity or normal crushes?

32 comments:

Onome said...

roflmao......am number 1!!!!!!!!!!
first time in history(i think!) well, d guy no try at all and i never got to meet celeb crushes except one a nigerian actor and er...he dint send me(duh!) come to think of it none of my crushes send me....nice going chic:-)

adoolicious said...

my 9ja celeb crush wz desmond E.. met him n acted like i didnt give a damn bout him(meanwhile na me tell my girl say c am, make we go talk to am) we got dere n liver drop, pose enter....anoda crush from sec sch, just came on board but d attraction is completely missing; i think crushes r just a preparatin on how we'll relate with d real guyz, hmmm; as for me it aint been prety, i prefer my fantasies n plan to stay dere 4 a while. oh, can u crush on d guy u already r dating? ikwe dats 4 u

Bunmmy said...

lollll....infact i no fit count the number of crushes i get, 2 are even on my blog page! lol...then the naija goodlooking brodas that are sooo hottt!! rememba purple shirt in The Palms? lol...thats all part of growing up and life i guess!

An-Igbo-Dude said...

@ hemba..desmond who?

I had like a million crushes while growing up,but they were all the girls in my class from nursery school to secondary(when i never sabi anything)The tops of them all was morayo who always sucked her thumb in primary 1/2.she moved on and never seen her since then.For the celebrities it was Toni Braxton, Mariah Carey and of late Angelina Jolie.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Gen gen....

So the guy you have known since Jesus was in primary school and that you have been fasting and praying for asked you out. You then tell him no and you are wondering why the guy se were'd (went crazy) for you, eh? LMAO!!!! Mehn, this ya tory sweet oh!

Your bros friend is nuts!

I had one crush in primary school. That ended in a disaster. My older cousins taught me how to write him a 'love letter' (I was 7/8). He read it, shared it with all his friends and well, you can imagine the rest. I never ever wrote another love letter. In fact, from then, I made chasing me the most difficult thing a man could face...

Nice post, though!

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

ahhhh i had a few. not loads a few. but i loved everybit of aving crushes. problem is, every crush i av had, av come to ask 4 a relationship and that just causes mi pain. i discover that after they come up to open to aving a crush on me, my crush 4 them goes flat. as if to say mission accomplished and then i look 4 some1 else to av a crush on. i am so good @ hiding the fact that i av crush on anybody, if i dont say, even by best friend can never tell.
plus a av an habit on returning a crush; as in hear that someone has a crush on me, therby i start aving a crush on the person.
and on the celebrity crushed, dont we all? long list menh!

NikkiSab said...

*Onomsky- No mind d 9jn actor u hear, as for d odas well... no mind dem too.
*Hemba - I second Ibo dude 'Desmond who?'well na ur crush. Come out of fantasy!!!!! lol
*Hopeful - How i go take forget purple shirt? Na u cause am, u for waka go meet d guy.But thank God u no go as him car na 2seater, I for hang on top car.
*Ibo- I always knew of Toni B but mariah and now Angelina.... U know say out of eferybudy truth na u don enta trouble wit ya own? Oh well we go see (evil smile)
* SoloD- sorry eh, na small pikin de worry dem; wait true talk dem be small pikin o!!!
*I get u lighty so u prefer to av dem out of reach than reachable. Them wanting u quenches d fire!? I see it from ur angle, imagine if brad pitt come meet me, e no go sweet LOL.
Thanks guys!!

Lindah said...

Most of my crushes melt with time but this one on Will Smith is a rock coz ive had it since i was ten.
Will...Will, get out of my dreams!

princesa said...

Interesting topic!

I crushed on my SS1 Biology teacher, the guy was just too delicious. In fact all the girls in my class were crushing after him. I later lost respect for him when i heard he was a woman wrapper and dissed him when he came to try his luck my way.

Am still crushing for Taye diggs sha!
Any one related to him up here???

Unknown said...

Yes, I had a crush on this boy called Yinka when I was in Nigeria. I used to go to the library just so that I could stare helplessly at him. Of course - he never knew of my 'love'. The strange thing is that none of my ex classmates even remember a boy named Yinka.

Yinka was fine hot. He was half half..Nigerian and Oyinbo British woman...he had this beautiful eyes hidden behind nerdy glasses. But what I loved about him was that he treated girls like ladies...one of the few guys that actually opened doors for us to pass through things like that... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

innocence gone!! :-(

He is probably married with 4 kids now...oh well.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

LOL...I didn't clue on to crushes early enough I think....I have a crush on Didier Drogba of Chelsea FC...can you imagine!! And I don't even like the club! LOL...

Aramide said...

i think tevin campbell - i loved him so much i used to spark when they made fun of me at home that i liked him meanwhile undercover the love was madddd

Afrobabe said...

I had so many crushes it was unbelivable...From classmate to Nysc teachers...had one on a neighbour I followed everywhere like a dog and the fool would send me to give letters to girls he liked...kai..if i meet up with him again he is dead..

Had a case similar to yours,tripped for a very long time,when we met after I had grown I couldn't dislike him more..shit happens

Love the pic on top...very calming.

Sam Oracle said...

Looks like this crush thing has a chain on everybody.

Your brother's friend is a very good actor.
Was he trying to express his dissapointment by hitting the wall?

bighead said...

But it seems like if he was younger, you would have ditched your boyfriend for him. The boyfriend excuse seemed secondary.

I've met and been friends with most of my crushes. But that's where it all ends; friends whereas I might have wanted something more. Altho' getting to know these pple who were crushes from afar better, I didn't want a relationship with most of them anymore. And unlike you, I never mooned over celebs.

Sherri said...

i have no memories of any crushes in sec sch.
my crushes are usually with minds more than anything else.
my 1st crush was my ethics professor,he was very smart, cute and... way too old. not sure he knew of my crush but we still maintain a mentor/mentee friendship todate.
and then there's Chris Abani even tho he's too old too, i would still love to spend an afternoon with him ...picking his brain.

Obinwanne said...

its my b'day today as i mentioned in my previous post, and my exams have started and its going smoothly and im happy for ur prayers.... ayway i just pumped im to demand a visit to my blog cos i deserve it, IT MY B'DAY IMAGINE.....SO I DESERVE IT 100%......lol....thanks for stopping by anyway...

UndaCovaSista said...

lol!! That's the thing about crushes - the fun is all in your head, You enjoy fantasising about the life you could have with that person, wehre you would live, how many children you would have etc etc, but when it looks like the thing could become reality, you run like the wind (at least i do!).

I'm ashamed to admit i had a celeb crush on Michael Jackson (long before the weirdness and plastic surgery, tho!).

Obinwanne said...

crush crush crush.....na woman matter...i nevr really had lots of crushes...cos then we never begin see beyonce, rihanna....and all those ones wey dem loo hot....so crush for me was boring...lol........nyways thanks for the bday wishes...dont forget to check back...ive uploaded the bday pics...and full gist

Anonymous said...

for years, i had a MAJOR crush on this one Ghanaian dude when i was younger... funny cause his name is still imbedded in most of my passwords :-S
now,i tend to have week long crushes... although my crushes on Blair Underwood and Keith Robinson have lasted surprisingly long :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unbiased said...

Babes you had lucky escape o!!
That bobo for panel beat you in the name of love lol!!!
Crushes i feel should always remain that. They loose their majic when they get closer. lol!!

For the love of me said...

@Nyemoni, you had a crush on drugba, are you for real? I have a permanent crush on Denzel washingtons, there have been so many others, but this one is for life.

Anonymous said...

lmao.. babe you use the best figures of speech that ive seen on blosgville... lmao@the guy you had a crush on since jesus was in sec. school.. thats HILARIOUS... dang EDDIE is an oddie.. but come oh this babe you carry style style dey insult blondes.. i no like am at all at all.. take that one back.. lol(as me i carry style be blonde..)

crushes.. hmm.. i dont know.. i was never really one for crushes... i thought ppl were cute...but not much more really..

actually i takethat back.. in high school i had a crush oh.. ryan.. this boy was so fucking sexy to me... in his baggy uniform pants.. and light cocoa skin and way of expression.. as in i would've stopped wearing nail polish for this guy... but he was feeling me.. but never got around to doing anything about it... fastforward to how many years later oh... just last year or something.. i saw the dude.. my then crush.. RIDING A BICYCLE>.. chaiiiii..to say i was sad is an understatement.. lmao.. it was terrible.. and worst of all my best friend was with me and knew the dude.. she wouldnt let me hear the end of it.. haha

Unknown said...

hmmmmmm crushes..........

NikkiSab said...

Thanks for stopping by every1. Ovawhelmed i take d blonde joke back. But pls inform me wen u remove d color so i retract my taking it back. How u de?

Admin UD said...

Crushes?, huh...I don't do crushes not 'Ayo Technology' I believe in getting down to brass tacks, no holds barred :)

Ubong Da said...

why now age is just a number?

E2Deep said...

I had a huge crush on Halle Berry and still do...I think she's pushing 40...I still think she's beautiful. lol Oh yeah and Eva from American Top Model. I normally dont have crushes on "real life people".

Joy Akut said...

i've had my share of crushes and i always infuse em' with my day dreams...i've been the black version of maria in sound of music, and yes captain was tripping die for me, then there's john travolta and prince williams when he was young,lots of em' celebrity type, even mase and piddy and i'd imagine them fighting over me...lol'

for everyday people, i've realised most times when u crush over someone for so long and he finally gives u face, it just doesnt werk for u...
i've done the fist in air thingy lots of times when i realised my crush has been turned to rust in my eyes...i can move on to the next crush victim.

Femme said...

ive only ever had a crush for one celebrity - joe penny. have a post about it. my one or two other crushes, were so out of this world i thought i would piss in my pant each time they spoke to me. fortunately for me, after the scales have trekked back to where they came from, i see that all the guys would have been no good for me and im glad i didnt act on any of them.

Hephzibah said...

One word, crazy...

Ur post is hilarious, 19 gogoro, since Jesus was in secondary school- am really resisting picking on these words, lol...

Nice blog, keep it up...

My crush- I am completely hopeless with crushes, I have them over and over, any guy I meet and fancy, crush start till the relationship dies and then another begins...I never learn...thankfully, its a crush...