? ?(21)? ?ge" and you're DONE!??????? ??????????????Prev?????2????3????4????5????6????7????8????9???10???1
1????12????13????14????15????16????17????18?????Next????????? ?Narrow your search????????Red???Layouts? ???? ???abstract? ?(89)? ?black? ?(68)? ?blue? ?(23)? ?celebrities? ?(11)? ?da BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, July 9, 2007

Where is the wrong?



It’s been a while since I blogged and I used the vacant time to think. Its kinda weird sometimes that you go thru life and most of ur decisions and actions, u confidently categorise it as “right”. I’ll break it down – I’ve realised that I am strict with people I care about and with others I am more sympathetic and soft in actions or words. I don’t get the idea to this but I’m gradually realising that this is and has been a dark cloud over me and God knows there is a fee I am paying.
In relationships (yep this is the direction that I was heading for from the start) you av to be sensitive and caring + patient and cool tempered; according to the story books but I am a bit far from that, I’ld estimate 3 miles far. If you ask me of my past relationships n how I behaved in them, this would be my response {I was/am so so loving, giving, sensitive, only a bit temperamental, a little impatient, a good listener, supportive but mostly misunderstood-why I just don’t know). Now this last weekend with a little influence, I got on a self evaluation wagon and rode myself on a TRUE journey to my past, this time I looked at it from the Y chromosome perspective. All the times I thot I was d bomb of a girlfriend, I was really a bum of a girlfriend cos most of my actions, no I’ll take dat again – 90% of my actions were without complete consideration for the Y (pls note that Y refers to my past unfairly treated men).
My intention was to listen to them – My action was I listened to my own voice faithfully.
I wanted to be caring & passionate -My caring/sesitivity was d size of 2 mustard seeds but my passion was sooo fully covered.
Was I sturbborn? - Undoubtdly and highly annoying, enuf to be murdered.
Did I give? - I gave sometins in d line of anger, a little moody silence, a few occasion of gifts (I wasn’t dat bad) and a lil’ humour.
My point is wen do we admit to carry some of the blame in relationships and even friendships? When do we say I was wrong!! We must realise that our thot and wish for relationships are not the same as the other party and so wen two people come together they av to form a conglomerate of ideas. We must learn to be understanding of other people’s dream of being a couple, dia shortcomings and even dia mistakes unless we will continue to look for perfection in a person dat is IMPERFECT.
People we love will always be wrong if we don’t believe that de r human n also fallible as so we r too. I didn't make some sacrifices cos I wanted to feel wanted/special and think back in yrs to come "he loved me so much dat he ALWAYS came to me, no matter where". I should av thot he wanted the same too, so meeting him halfway could av made us both special. Not avin d guts to admit we r wrong during or after is a problem that could always be d loose hinge in ur relations with people. I wish I could av done sometins right by some people and I feel bad to av been so self centred and inconsiderate, thank God I’ve got a chance to stop knitting the pattern of my past in the design of my future by being more mindful and reading dem cosmo, ivillage for guidance (cos I no go lie u dem got some romantic tins wei person{e.g both sexes} go fit add to man-woman experience). This is quite some hard work, but if u really like someone (+ love d person) then I think its sometin to really work on or one day the hard work will be on trying to stop urself from being desperate and lonely.

2 comments:

Onome said...

in dat case i dare not evaluate myself........(kidding) u're right dear...but in my case i feel am a damn doormat cos d Y chromosomes just do wateva d hell dey want and am meant to look d oda way but vice versa??? God help me!

An-Igbo-Dude said...

we all have our failings

its a good thing u admitted urs. pride and selfishness dont and cant let some others admit their failings.